Multitest and LTX-Credence at Semicon China
Test Cell to Meet the Special Requirements of the Mobility Market
Multitest and LTX-Credence will demo a full test cell set-up that is dedicated to the test of semiconductors for mobile devices.
Semiconductor design and production implement new approaches to meet the challenges of the mobility makret. Advanced packaging technologies need to be supported by cost-efficient test solutions. With mobility driving volume, test equipment needs to ensure best cost of test with fast and efficient, high-parallel testing. Technically, the challenges of highly integrated packages such as PoPs and 3D ICs and smallest form factors as well as a variety of combined IC functions have to be addressed.
All test cell components at the show set-up are targeted to meet special requirements of semiconductors for mobile devices, such us
- High speed and parallelism for most efficient high volume production
- Scalability of the equipment to support engineering AND volume needs and ensure shortest time to market
- Lowest Cost of Test of the overall set-up
- Test of highly integrated, fine pitch and small form factor packages
In detail the displayed test cell consists of
- LTX-Credence Diamondx ATE
- Multitest MT2168 pick-and-place handler
- Multitest Mercury contactor
- Multitest high layer count load board